Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

hook available for preventing group creation?

• Andy Bailey
    Participant

@commentluv

I can prevent a user from creating a blog with the wpmu_active_signup filter, I would like to do the same with creating groups.

Is there a hook or filter I can use in my custom plugins that prevents a user from creating a group?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • :) see told you so!
    Rich has a plugin – BuddyPress Restrict Group Creation

Andy Bailey
    Participant

@commentluv

@nuprn1 thanks! I found that after I posted the message.

I just need to prevent regular subscribers from creating a group. blog admins will be fine as they would have already gone through the paywall but I don’t want to let every single joeschmoe create any old group they want. I will see about editing the plugin to suit my needs,

thanks!

if you are using wp_cap levels for your subscribers – no modification needed, just enter the lowest wp_capability/user_level you want to allow for group creation.

Andy Bailey
    Participant

@commentluv

oh that’s even better. I am allowing free subscription as a subscriber but charging for anything more powerful so it’ll do what I need out of the box! :-)

I have gone through a lot of the code, nice work! I have done a lot of modification work to wpmu and wp but this is the first time I’ve used buddypress. Going through your code was a great help, thanks!.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘hook available for preventing group creation?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar