Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How on earth did I do this?

• gregfielding
    Participant

@gregfielding

I’ve got extra required profile fields on my group creation page. I don’t want them. I can’t figure out where they came from. And, I can’t figure out how to get rid of them.

Do any of you have any clue where these could have come from?

http://housingstorm.com/files/2011/03/groupcreate.png

I’m 99% sure it’s not a plugin because I’ve deactivated all the group plugins and anything remotely related to profile fields. I’m 99% sure it’s not a hack, because there isn’t anything about it in my functions.php, or bp-custom.php.

I tried taking the second-half of this line out of group/create.php: … do_action( ‘bp_after_group_details_creation_step’ ); /* Deprecated -> */ do_action( ‘groups_custom_group_fields_editable’ );

It works in that the fields are gone, but you can’t go to the next screen because several of those fields are required.

Googling for the answer, there are a lot of discussions where people are trying to figure out HOW to add extra group profile fields, but none of the solutions I found are applicable.

I feel really stupid here.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• vusis
    Participant

@vusis

Interesting challenge you have.
    how can i recreate the problem on my machine? is there anything you edited prior to encountering this problem?

By default, all profile fields which you’ve put into the first (default) profile field group will appear on the registration template.

Boris
    Participant

@travel-junkie

That’s either Buddyvents or Mapology. Both of them add the same info (mainly used for geocoding), but it can be deactivated in the settings of each plugin.

gregfielding
    Participant

@gregfielding

Thanks Boris!

Gayatriom
    Participant

@gayatriom

@travel-junkie / @gregfielding Hey Boris. Where do I de activate this in my settings for Buddyvents?
    I don’t have mapology. I’m having the same problem

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How on earth did I do this?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar