Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to change the background and bar colors of the buddypress

• Hello-

I would like to change the colors a bit on my Mumblepage. Where is the css or stylsheet location and how would I be able to do this without breaking it? I had done this before in the wordpress but cant see where in the buddypress.

Many thanks again!

-Mumbler

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• academatic
    Participant

@academatic

wp-content>themes>bphome theme>style.css

plrk
    Participant

@plrk

you can put your changes in a custom.css file in the theme (the same folder as the style.css) file. that way your changes will not be lost when you upgrade the themes.

note that there are two theme folders, one for the home theme and one for the member theme.

Thanks so do you change it in both? Can’t you have them all the same?

Also, I believe the css is changable via GUI or on the admin webpage can this be done or do I have to directly edit the css code by hand?

TIA!

Tore
    Participant

@toregus

You have to edit it by hand. You can use the Firebug addon to Firefox to get help with which CSS-code to change.

As far as I know, you only need to do the editing in custom.css. It should override the original settings.

IAMTHELAB
    Participant

@faberuna

Where do you change the color or background in the style.css? Here is my site: http://www.unafied.com I want to use the background that’s in the header.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change the background and bar colors of the buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar