Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

how to format error messages

• My error messages on buddypress registration and edit profile (and probably others I don’t know about yet) come up black type with no background, so they are unnoticeable unless you really know to look for them. This has led to a few confused users — http://www.pettrustees.net

I know this is defined by div#message.error, which in default.css of teh bp-default theme is set to

div#message.error p {
    background: #e41717 !important;
    color: #fff !important;
    border-color: #a71a1a;
    clear: left;
    }

should be white type on a red background.

Can’t find anything overriding it. My theme, Secondary by Milo, only has one stylesheet and this is not defined in that stylesheet.

Any ideas?

Mary

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Never mind. Just adding the css code to the main stylesheet for the theme and it all comes up correctly now. Apparently was not reading default.css for some reason. But all fine now.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Add the new style you posted at the bottom of your theme’s style.css file.

Any chance this is getting fixed in future upgrades? Another nice fix might be to make it obvious that users have look for a “confirmation email before their membership is active”. Yet another feature request might be to have avatars show user names on Hover. I am sitll trying to find where feature requests go and I am not sure these will make the priority list… :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘how to format error messages’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar