Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to get ‘edit profile’, ‘change avatar’, ‘notification settings’ etc on the same page?

• Patrik
    Participant

@patrikp

I wonder if it’s possible to have one page for all the users settings.
    To be more specific; I want to give the users of my site the ability to change avatar, edit profile, edit the notification settings etc from the same page. Not like it is now where everything has it’s own page.

Is is possible to do this? I want to make it as simple as possible with few pages for the members of my site.
    Help would be very appreciated! :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

The markup for the edit profile page is in the theme directory, members/single/profile/edit.php. The change avatar page is right next to it, members/single/profile/change-avatar.php. The markup for the settings screens is created in bp_core_screen_general_settings(), located in buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-settings.php. It’s possible in theory to move all of this markup to the same file – say, edit.php.

Then you’ll have to combine the form data handlers, which might be more tricky. When you save your settings panels, they are run through bp_core_screen_general_settings; you can find the code you need there. When you save the Edit Profile screen, it gets run through xprofile_screen_edit_profile() in buddypress/bp-xprofile.php. And the first stop for the Change Avatar page is xprofile_screen_change_avatar(), also in bp-xprofile.php. You’d have to merge all of these handlers somehow in order to get them to process data from the same HTML form.

Good luck.

Patrik
    Participant

@patrikp

Thanks for the help. I will see if I can work something out of this.

murasaki
    Participant

@iamsincere

I would also like to know how this works,. I’ve been wrecking my brain on it for some time now. I think its a lot easier for the user to have everything in one place.

@boone i read where you said they wuld hve to go thrugh the same html form, but what if you tabbed the pages so that you could still use the appropriate forms? Maybe a ajax call to load the static form

@patrik, hey let me know if you come up with anything. I’ll do the same :P

i know im late on this post lol, but still :)

Has anyone made progress on this? I’d like to contribute. I am about to start consolidating … but do not want to reinvent the wheel.

My BP doen’t even allow me to edit the profile, I wonder what’s wrong. I click on My account – Profile – Edit Profile and nothing happens.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Deactivate all plugins except BuddyPress and change to bp-default theme, does same behavior apply? WP/BP versions?

landwire
    Participant

@landwire

Hi there,
    has there been any progress on this? Just so I do not need to start from scratch…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to get ‘edit profile’, ‘change avatar’, ‘notification settings’ etc on the same page?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar