Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to pull data from xprofile and echo them in my own widget?

• spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

hi all i have a widget that show the author’s avatar and i pull the wp’s about me field(biological info) but i want to replace it with bp’s my custom field “About me” . I want this so the member will fill his info there and the WP’s admin fields (i am gonna disable the “members” menu there). can anybody help me?

This is from my current widget that pulls the data from the WP’s field:
    edit:cannot paste code but it was like ech0 ..getSnippet(get_the_author_description etc .. .. (and with charlimit also)

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

bump

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

sorry english not my motherlanguage, i’ll try more simple:
    how to echo the contents of a bp’s profile textfield (about me) into a wordpress widget (3.0.1 WP normal installation+latest bp)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

hello and thanks for your reply but i allready tried that widget :(problem is i think that my wp installation is not network (but i have registrations on for authors, everybody write in the same site) so the widget cannot understand who is the author of the post. but this widget works perfectly: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/author-profile/ . I just want to replace the line that pulls info from the wp’s core “about me” field with the one from my bp’s “about me” field!! someone help plz .

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

cause i’m gonna totally disable the wp’s default “members/your profile” tab and everything should be filled through bp’s profile, better that way.

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

tadada

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

You’re on single WP with BP installed so that BP Profile widget won’t work for you, I should have asked that sooner. In any case, since you have installed BP, you can easily add the fields you want your users to fill in via dashboard > BuddyPress > Profile Field Setup.

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

yes i know but how am i gonna send this fields to a normal wp’s widget!? all the day i am trying things, the closest i got was to show the name of the last field i created in BP with this `echo bp_get_the_profile_field_name(); ` …so to show the contents of a field (and with charlimit) it can’t be that difficult .. so please someone help!

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

i even was able to display a field description with `bp_get_the_profile_field_description` but i still cannot pull the info that every author posted in that field. of course i call this when i am inside the page with the post of the author. Basically what this plugin do (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/author-profile/) but pull the info from a field in bp’s profile is what i need!!

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

bump

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

somebody??

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

please somebody help me on this… i love buddy and wordpress but i don’t have the time now to study again from the beggining the multisite installation. there will be more questions, i made a local installation so i need for sure time on mu site and time now is a big issue. For now please somebody point me on this “simple” thing i ask: maybe it would be more easy to do the opposite? let’s say that i want to user to fill the wp’s fields Yahoo,IM.msn but into bp’s profile. Is this possible? I’m so confused plz help/ .

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

thank u so much for helping :) i’m gonna study and if i have questions i’ll post there or better here. Thank u again

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

still cannot figure this out. Can we please go 1 by 1? I have a single installation WP+BP and i have buddypress registration on, so everybody is becoming a member through BP. Let’s say that i want to create a simple widget “About me” and echo what the author’s filled in *this* profile field. The profile field would be called “About me
    .This will appear only in author’s posts. I say again my wordpress installation is not MU but it is multi authors write in the same blog. this plugin does exactly what i want, but it echos the WP’s core “About me” and i want to modify it with buddyopres’s field!
    https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/author-profile/
    Please help :(

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

with `bp_get_the_profile_field_edit_value()` it displays a field’s from the bp core but no matter the author it will allways display from member with #id 1 …i thought i did it and then i went to another author to realize that is wrong. How can it understand and update the author!? Do i need to copy and paste this fuction again? ( `bp_get_the_profile_field_edit_value()`) . Totally lost…

spanakorizo

@spanakorizo

bump

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘How to pull data from xprofile and echo them in my own widget?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar