Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

I want to remove the logout link from the sidebar

• I know there is a discussion about that, but it is marked resolved.

My site is at its final stages and I am so scared that I mess it up. So please if someone can tell me exactly where I find the function and how to remove it without removing my whole site :-) I would be so thankful.

Please remember that I am an absolute newbie and don’t always understand the php and programmers jargon. I need to be spoon fed :-)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thanks, I solved the problem. I removed the

div in brackets

jonnycardel

@jonnycardel

I Have the same problem…help please

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@jonnycardel if you’re using a child theme of bp-default, then copy over sidebar.php from bp-default theme to child theme folder. If it’s only the Log Out link you want to delete, then delete this line from your sidebar.php
    `<a class="button logout" href="”>`

jonnycardel

@jonnycardel

thanks that works fantastic although i thought the avitar was part of it, so now i´ll look for that.
    wish me luck. it tuck days to get rid of log out thanks to your help, theres no way i would of found or understand what i was looking at if i had as i dont understane php.
    thanks again

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@jonnycardel so you want to delete that whole section with the avatar, login, AND logout? Open up sidebar.php https://trac.buddypress.org/browser/tags/1.2.6/bp-themes/bp-default/sidebar.php starting at line 8 where Is_user_logged_in to line 56 with php endif; deals with the avatars, login and logout. If you do not want them, delete the block.

fpats
    Participant

@fpats

Hi, i realise this is an old thread but since it was the first google result i thought it best to reply here and maybe someone else will benefit too.

I’m using the Custom Community theme and tried deleting all the code from the buddypress sidebar.php but the login/out/avatar are still there.

Can someone please advise on what else to do? do i copy the buddypress sidebar.php over to the Custom Community sidebar and then remove the code and if i do that will it effect anything else in the CC theme?

many thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘I want to remove the logout link from the sidebar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar