Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Lightword theme help

• Hi, I have installed buddypress for the wordpress theme ‘lightword’ – http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/lightword

And the only thing that doesn’t look right is the sidebar is out of place. Would anyone be able to help me edit the theme so the sidebar is in its normal position. I have been trying for hours!

Any help would be great. Thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Would make more sense if you linked to your theme attempt rather than the WP repo, then it would be possible to see what was actually wrong, ‘Sidebar is out of place’ is simply too non descrip.

You have to supply code or a link if you want help.

Ok, I have attached some pictures of my problem. As the website isn’t running yet.

Picture 1: http://d.imagehost.org/view/0295/pic1
    Picture 2: http://b.imagehost.org/view/0790/pic2

As you can see in picture 1 the sidebar doesn’t show and the text bar overlaps with it.

And in picture 2 , if I scroll down the page the sidebar is actually under the profile.

Would you be able to help or do you need abit more info?

It’s not possible to help from a couple of images this is about code and specifically the symbiotic relationship between CSS and HTML there can be any number of reasons why an issue can occur and result in the same apparent rendering.

What code would you like to see, from which files? Ill paste it here when I know which ones.

Presuming you have run the template pack plugin on the theme to create BP pages you probably need to now ensure that the markup that lightword uses i.e it’s html element structure and classes or ids are replicated in the BP pages; so take a standard stock lightword file index.php or page.php and compare it to one of the BP files such as activity/index.php you will be looking at those major framwork elements such as <div id=”content”> your BP file must match the elements in the lightword files.

Ok so I am still really confused on this. Here are the template codes. My page.php:

`

<?php if ( function_exists('yoast_breadcrumb') ) { yoast_breadcrumb('

‘); } ?>

<div id=”post-“>

<a title="” href=”” rel=”bookmark”>

<?php wp_link_pages('before=

&next_or_number=number&pagelink=%‘); ?>

`

And my buddypress activity/index.php:

`

• <a href="” title=””>
    • <a href="” title=””>
    • <a href="” title=””>
    • <a href="” title=””><?php printf( __( 'My Favorites (%s)’, ‘buddypress’ ), bp_get_total_favorite_count_for_user( bp_loggedin_user_id() ) ) ?>
    • <a href="” title=””>

`

Would you be able to post what you think it should look like , then I will have a guide on what to do for the other files.

I f you re-read my last post it should make sense – i referred to checking for example elements such as <div id=”content”> exist in both files as these main elements must match. You can clearly see in the two examples you posted that straight after the header function call there are two elements in the index file but only one in the page.php file and it’s id is different – lightword will be managing the layout i.e applying it’s styles vie elements such as this ‘div id=”content-body’ if that id is not found as it’s not in /activity/index.php then any important CSS rulesets will not be applied.

I will strip the files down to the common elements for you removing those parts of the code which are unique and necessary for both files e.g the output loops essentially.

page.php
    `

`
    Avtivity/index.php
    `

`
    What you have now represents the common elements of both files and which need to match -obviously what has been removed is for clarities sake and is required if both files are to output their data.

There may be other elements introduced in other files that you will have to deal with and adjustments needed to styles and stylesheets but that will become apparent as you work through things.

I have done some editing and I don’t think I understand properly as nothing has changed. I am not a great html editor , would you be able to check the theme out on a test site and post a edited lightword theme to download? which is ready to go? I know that’s asking abit much but I have no idea on this.

I’m afraid that is asking slightly too much as that approaches ‘Work’ and as such I earn my living – supposedly – from coding and development- it also takes the BP project site / support forum into the realms of a ‘Service’ which for any any ‘Help’ forum is a dangerous confusion.

When you attempt this kind of customisation you have to accept that a certain level of knowledge is required , it is only a basic level but you do need to learn it.

So no I am not prepared to do that work for you – and provide a ready edited theme for you to use as that would be chargeable work however on a help forum I am prepared to guide you through what you need to do and help you along, so get your site up and live somewhere and make a start, provide a link to it so that I or others can look at where you have got to and advise on the further steps required.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Lightword theme help’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar