Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Limit registration to users with email from a certain domain?

• Mandy
    Participant

@mandy51

This should not be difficult. I just don’t know how. I want to limit people who register on my buddypress site to those who go to a certain school. The easiest way would be to whitelist the domain myschool.edu on the registration page and not allow any other signup, at least for the initial registration. I don’t care if people change their address afterwards.

How can I do that? Before I installed buddypress, I was using a whitelist plugin and it worked fine with the regular WordPress installation (3.01). It doesn’t seem to stop non ‘myschool.edu’ registrations anymore.

Thanks for any help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

It’s built into WPMU (now called WP 3.0 Multisite). Just go to Super Admin->Options->Limited Email Registrations. Not sure about WP Single Blog mode.

Mandy
    Participant

@mandy51

Thanks. I guess I did something wrong from the get-go. I installed buddypress as a plugin on a regular wordpress installation. That’s not recommended?

techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

You can use BP on a regular WP install. Just there are certain features (like the domain limiting) that come with WP multisite that aren’t available on the single install. You can always upgrade your regular wordpress install to multisite and then use it like a single WP install. That’s what I’m doing right now.

Mandy
    Participant

@mandy51

Thanks. I did that, too. That works.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Limit registration to users with email from a certain domain?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar