Categories
Search
Bottom

List of Best Plugins

• Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

Hey Guys and Gals,

I searched for this topic to see what people think are the best and most useful plugins, and what people are using.

I’m just now getting going on my community and wanted to see what everyone thinks is the best and most useful plugins to enhance the BP experience.

If there is another group or post about this and someone could point me to it that would be cool too.

Thanks.

V

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Take a note of this
    https://buddypress.org/community/groups/miscellaneous/forum/topic/plugin-hall-of-shame-plugin-devs-please-read/
    Of course when WP 3.0 and BP 1.3 come out – all bets are off till plugins have been upgraded to both WP and BP versions :-)

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Thats a subjective question considering every network will require different plugins. Thats the beauty of open source. You have a ton of choices.

Better question would be: I have an X network what plugins are right for it?

stwc
    Participant

@stwc

Yeah, I’d say that because Buddypress is a bit kitchen-sinky, in my experience it’s a good idea to think about what kind of community you’re going to try and build (or move to BP), then think about what kind of functionality they might want, then how to build it, then look at plugins or code snippets or whatever that will allow you to do that. That’s generally best-practice, anyway.

A default Buddypress install can be confusing and daunting for new users.

Vendetta
    Participant

@vendetta66

I’m not sure there’s really a way to categorize what the membership will be. Basically people who’ve purchased one of my internet marketing products.

When they buy something I sign them up automatically for the community and then can hook up with other folks to network.

A network of “networkers: I suppose would be the closest.

@mercime thanks for that post, that certainly helps.

I’m thinking more of the “must haves” ie: you wouldn’t be able to survive without Flash Player, or Adobe Reader, or a Zip utility on your computer, or I wouldn’t anyway. More like that, stuff that is just a must have to building a cool functional community.

V

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘List of Best Plugins’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar