Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Logged in username display for BuddyPress 1.5.4

• After logging in, my user id displays the URL to the members directory instead of simply the user id. So for example, using my signon here as an example, if I were logged into my BuddyPress instance, I would expect ‘frostdawn’, instead I get:
    ‘[my site name]/members/member-profiles/frostdawn/’

Any idea what causes this/how to fix it? This display behaving the way it is, is causing the member search to wrap to a second line.

Thanks

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where is it displaying this? Is it a custom theme?

Nope, I’m using BuddyPress 1.5.4. I noticed this behavior as soon as the upgrade was up and running. As noted in another thread (component crash note) we had to systematically shut down the different components (including BuddyPress) to troubleshoot the problem. When we deactivated Buddypress, the user name displayed properly again. When we reactivated BuddyPress, the user name was screwwed up as noted in my message above.

The display for the username is right below the main navigation, in the light gray bar to the right of the search for members/groups/posts by the login/logout controls.

Also of note- I’m working in a multi-site environment where BOTH sites are exhibiting this behavior (I wanted to rule out this being a problem isolated to the second site by checking both for the bad behavior)

frostdawn

@frostdawn

Paul- sorry, using BP Corporate 1.4 with BuddyPress 1.5.4. I misunderstood the question.

frostdawn

@frostdawn

Sorry for the post bump, but I never got a response….. :(

First thing you can do is track down in the template a link that generates this type of output. BP Corporate is a premium theme (I think), and I don’t have a copy to look at. When you’ve found in the theme where this markup is being generated, you can paste the relevant part of the theme here so we can see how it’s being done, which will tell us whether it’s being done correctly or not — always a good starting point :)

frostdawn

@frostdawn

`<form name="login-form" class="mylogform" id="login-form" action="” method=”post”>

<input type="text" name="log" id="user_login" value="” onfocus=”if (this.value == ”) {this.value = ”;}” onblur=”if (this.value == ”) {this.value = ”;}” />

<input type="checkbox" checked="checked" name="rememberme" id="rememberme" value="forever" title="” />

<input type="submit" name="wp-submit" id="wp-submit" value="”/>

<input type="button" name="signup-submit" id="signup-submit" value="” onclick=”location.href=”” />

`
    This seems to be the pertinent section. I added ‘test’ text in the template to narrow the focus, then added in the section immediately preceeding my findings to hopefully shed some light on the issue. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

note- the actual tag causing the issue seems to be ` `

frostdawn

@frostdawn

I’d also like to point out that the way the logged in user id renders, it seems to have gone wonky AFTER upgrading to BuddyPress 1.5.4. When we were running in earlier versions, the user id displayed perfectly. There is also added text now for the search feature (to the left of the user id) in the form of “Search these:” prior to the combo box where you can search ‘members’, ‘groups’ and ‘posts’. Not a major nit, but it does eat a bit into the horizontal space afforded in that subheader section.

frostdawn

@frostdawn

Any updates or suggestions? Anybody?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@frostdawn suggestion is to upgrade your BP Corporate Theme.

If you feel like tackling the issue yourself, install two plugins: Log Deprecated Notices plugin and the Theme Check plugin. For the first plugin, you will see if there are deprecated template tags with the replacement template tags after a minute or so.

For Theme Check, take care of the results posted with “Warnings” and “Required” items if any. No need to worry about the “Recommended” or “info” issues. if any

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Logged in username display for BuddyPress 1.5.4’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar