Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

//login.php (double slashes) being hit hundreds of thousands of time

• jubalince
    Participant

@jubalince

(sorry for the repost, I posted this to the group by accident before I saw the forum link)

//login.php is showing up on error report (double slashes). The 404 is eating all of my hosting processing. This is a new site with virtually no traffic, but that //login.php is getting hit hundreds of thousands of times, and the 404 is being displayed each time. I am looking for either a simple workaround, or some evaluation of my plugins, below:

Here is a list of plugins, I assume some combination of them is causing this:

Buddypress
    All in one Favicon
    BP Profile as Homepage
    BP Redirect to Profile for Buddypress
    BuddyPress Group Email Subscription
    BuddyPress Moderation
    BuddyPress No Mentions
    BuddyPress Registration Groups
    BuddyPress Restrict Group Creation
    Custom Profile Filters for BuddyPress
    Login Configurator
    Welcome Pack
    WP No Category Base
    WPtouch

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

A simple workaround is to block access to that URL in .htaccess.

But that does not address the root issue. To the best of my knowledge, there is no file called login.php in either BP or WP. That means that you have a link somewhere in one of your files that is erroneously pointing to it, or you are getting hit by a bot that is guessing that is trying to hack your site by hitting login.php. If the former is the case, you can fix the problem by searching for ‘login.php’ in your installation. If it’s the latter, then something like an .htaccess rule is probably the only thing you can do.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘//login.php (double slashes) being hit hundreds of thousands of time’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar