Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Main site title appearing in Buddypress menu on all Multi Sites

• lonetreedesign

@lonetreedesign

Hi! I’m VERY new to buddyrpress, and fairly new to WordPress, but loving it. Thanks for any help in advance!

I have wordpress installed inn my root directory in a folder titled wordpress_ltd.

My goal was to use multisite to create a new site in a subdirectory and then the ‘define ( ‘BP_ROOT_BLOG’, $blog_id );’ in order to configure buddypress to run on the site in the subdirectory ONLY.

I configured Multi SIte and it was working great.

Then I followed the buddypress install instructions. After doing this, my buddypress menu on either site has the title of my main site. So, next to “My Account” in the buddypress menu on either site says the name of my main site.

When I used the config code to the set to my other site with the blog id of “2”, the name in the menu was the title of my second blog, but on both sites again.

Why would both sites show the same name in the buddypress menu? I appreciate any thoughts! I am very new to this, and I could have definitely messed something up.

Here’s the code I placed in my wp-config file to I enable multi site in my wp-config file with the php code. Then I added the configuration code to set which blog ID BuddyPress will run on. See Below.

‘** ENABLE MULTIPLE WORDPRESS SITES WITH GODADDY HOSTING */
    define(‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true);

/** Set BuddyPress to only work on identified blog below */
    define ( ‘BP_ROOT_BLOG’, 2 ); ‘

• The topic ‘Main site title appearing in Buddypress menu on all Multi Sites’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar