Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Massive load issues with buddypress

• Hi, I’m having some major issues with buddypress and I have no idea why, was hoping someone might have some ideas.

1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 3.3.1
    2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? directory
    3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? root
    4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? No
    5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes
    6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.5.4
    7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? Just incremental updates
    8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? Custom plugin, bbpress, sociable
    9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? custom
    10. Have you modified the core files in any way? No
    11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No
    12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? 2.0.2
    13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
    14. Which company provides your hosting? Its hosted on a staminus server
    15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Linux / Apache 2

In the last week I have put up my new site at http://fanart.tv previous to that buddypress wasn’t installed.

Had massive load problems, with no apparent reason, so in the end I disabled every single plugin and started slowly re-adding them, everything is ok until I enable buddypress, then the loads start creeping up, at around 70% I can no longer do anything,, kill the site, restart it login before the load goes too high and disable buddypress, the loads go down and stay aroun 1%.

Really like buddypress (was my favourite part of the new site) so hoping there is something I can do to get it re-enabled with out killing the server (and losing my hosting, lol)

Anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

BP does bring a lot of additional queries into the mix, so can increase load (sometimes dramatically as you’ve experienced).. but often there are optimisations you can try to overcome this (some server configuration, but others in your template code loops).

Try profiling your database queries – that may give you some pointers to where the load on the system is coming from. Your top member lists (number of images, etc.) might be a likely candidate in how they interact with the BP profiles.

Hi, thanks for replying, any pointers on profiling queries? lol.

I have added images to the users profile, so I suppose people could be going to other members profiles to look at their images (I haven’t yet put any paging in).

shanebp

@shanebp

>any pointers on profiling queries?

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/debug-objects/

Roger Coathup
    Participant

@rogercoathup

Yes, we used the predecessor plugin debug-queries, but debug-objects is the plugin author’s recommended update

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Massive load issues with buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar