Categories
Search
Bottom

Membership Numbers differ since 1.6 update

• Lynn Hill
    Participant

@bakelady

Hi
    Since the recent Buddypress 1.6 update, I have noticed that my membership numbers showing on the ‘Members’ tab on the main website differ by a loss of around 1k. when the Dashboard user list is a higher number. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, is there a solution that a none techie person like me can fix.
    Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@bakelady – In BP 1.6, the member count behavior changed to reflect the active users on your site and not total members.

To revert this behavior, can you try this code snippet in /wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php?

`add_filter( ‘bp_get_total_member_count’, ‘bp_core_get_total_member_count’ );`

If you don’t have a file located at /wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php, follow the tutorial available here:
    https://codex.buddypress.org/extending-buddypress/bp-custom-php/

Let me know if this works for you.

Lynn Hill
    Participant

@bakelady

Hi Ray
    Thanks for your very quick response.
    My friend who looks after the technical side of my website for me tried doing this, but it hasn’t worked, she says it’s because we have a custom theme.
    Thanks anyway.

Be assured that the new “active member” count is much more accurate than the old number; it may (temporarily) lower the apparent number of members, but as those extra accounts hadn’t been used, it doesn’t make any real difference to your site.

Lynn Hill
    Participant

@bakelady

I guess not. Active is better than none active.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Membership Numbers differ since 1.6 update’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar