Categories
Search
Bottom

Memory Error with buddypress 1.6 when using plugin Device Theme Switcher

• murasaki
    Participant

@iamsincere

Hello, Im getting a memory error whenever I activate this plugin:
    Device Theme Switcher Located: https://github.com/jamesmehorter/device-theme-switcher/

I get this error:
    PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /Users/sincere/Sites/MySite/wp-includes/cache.php on line 402

I’ve tried other mobile theme switchers as well, but they all give me that memory error. When ever I adjust the mem output, it request an even greater amount, and I still get an all white screen. I deactivated BP, and it works just fine with an normal WP blog.

Does anyone have an idea why these two clash? Does it have anything to do with cache? Im not using any caching plugins, so I don’t quite understand…

Anywho, thanks ahead of time, for taking the time :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• murasaki
    Participant

@iamsincere

hey paul, i’ve tried to adjust my memory output to the asked amount but after doing so, i get an even higher amount. I’m working locally before I go live, so, for the time being, should I go to an high amount, or …? what would you suggest? Im going to try the 96M and see if it’s sufficient enough first.

I’ll check back and let you know how it went ;)

murasaki
    Participant

@iamsincere

yep, it asked for 100663296 bytes this time, and gave me the white screen. When I activate the plugin “Mobile Theme switcher” I can actually still navigate via desktop, but ipad gets white screen, as well as mobile device (android phone), and yet I still get the memory request for an increase of memory. no matter what I set it to, how high, it just doesn’t want to play nice. Sigh….they are really good plugins too, as far targeting certain devices

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Memory Error with buddypress 1.6 when using plugin Device Theme Switcher’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar