Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Missing admin bar menu items

• Babs
    Participant

@turquoisefish

Hi, I’m using the latest WP (3.0) and BuddyPress (1.2), as I just did the auto install on BuddyPress a few days ago. I also had to use the default theme because the Buddymatic theme wasn’t working. I’m still missing (that I’m aware of) wire and post menu items. How/where do I enable them? In particular, I’d like at least select members to be able to post their own blogs. In either event, I’m the admin and those things are not available in my BuddyPress dropdown menu. They are where they should be in my backend area.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Babs
    Participant

@turquoisefish

Okay, so I found it on the backend for authors, but I’d like to see it in the main drop down. Will hunt around in the core file to see if I can figure out where it’s missing. I still do not see “wire.”

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

The Wire feature was deprecated with BuddyPress version 1.2. If you’d like to use the Wire, try installing the BuddyPress Backward Compatibility plugin and activating the wire feature: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-backwards-compatibility/

The functionality of the wire – namely, the ability to leave short messages for other users – has mainly been replaced by the @-mention feature.

If you want users to have their own individual blogs, you’ll have to activate WP Network mode. If you want them to be able to post on your main BuddyPress blog, they’ll have to be at least Contributors. If you just want them to be able to post messages for others to see, then perhaps the status update feature will be enough.

Babs
    Participant

@turquoisefish

Thank you! I don’t need the wire function, just thought I was supposed to have it and it didn’t work. My blog is on the fly, but I need some of my members to be able to post their own posts (and perhaps blog, so I’ll ck out the network feature). I’ll need whichever one can help my blog remain most organized (yikes!). :)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Missing admin bar menu items’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar