Categories
Search
Bottom

Moving “old” WordPress users to WPMU/Buddypress

• Vicachu
    Participant

@vicachu

Hello everyone!

I’ve seen similar threads about this issue, but not a single one on my particular problem. As I’ve read and understood, when moving users from a regular WordPress installation, the wp_users and wp_usermeta tables should simply be imported into the WordPress MU/Buddypress-database.

My problem is not that the users being imported are not shown under activity, but rather that they’re not showing up AT ALL. Instead, my members catalogue gets emptied out, I can’t find a single member with the search function, and my bbPress forum can’t be used by a user when logged in. In short, everything gets messed up, and I have no idea how to solve this. I mean, as from what I’ve read, this should just work.

Thanks for any help ASAP!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • If you’re moving to WPMU, forget about BuddyPress at the moment. Once you have tested that WPMU is working correctly, then you can install BuddyPress.

thenone
    Participant

@thenone

Paul: Could you tell me which wordpress is better for buddypress? I’ve been using buddypress+WPMU almost 5 months and buddypress+WPSU about 1 month, but I couldnt make decision which one is better for buddypress..

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Moving “old” WordPress users to WPMU/Buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar