Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Online now widget quick to take me offline?

• pengume
    Participant

@pengume

Hello everyone,

thought someone would be able to shed some light onto this situation or also experiencing something similar. I’ll have some users logged in to my site and they well stay idle on a page lets say watch a 10 minute video. after 5 minutes or so the online now widget well show them offline when I refresh a page from another logged in member. I am using the latest version of buddypress. Any one go tany ideas or is this normal ?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• pengume
    Participant

@pengume

Does anyone have any ideas or is this common for the online widget? I hope someone can just clear this up for me, Thanks

A user or a group’s last_active time stamp is updated every 5 minutes *when they do something*, like visit a page. I’m not sure exactly what you mean by the widget shows them “offline”; can you clarify what you’re looking at, and what you expect to see? Thanks

pengume
    Participant

@pengume

Yes sorry for not being so clear. By show them offline I simply meant that they are not shown on the who’s online widget even though they are logged in.

What I would like, is to show every user who is logged in not just active up to a maximum of course.

So what you are saying is the who’s online widget shows only users who have done something within the last five minutes, this would explain what I was referring to, thanks.

Do you have any suggestions as to a who logged in widget or some code pointers to get me started?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Online now widget quick to take me offline?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar