Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Post Update and Members Directory Not working after upgrade to 1.6

• Crew Pass
    Participant

@crewpass

I have just upgraded to 1.6 and for some reason my members can not post updates in the active stream or in groups. Also when you click on the members director and try to go to the next page to look through members nothing happens.

Can anyone please help or tell me how to go back to the last working version of Buddypress.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

• rodtrent
    Participant

@rodtrent

Same here. Still waiting to figure out if someone will produce a fix for this version.

Crew Pass
    Participant

@crewpass

For some reason if I right click and say open in new window what ever I was clicking on works but it I just click it I just get the little round thing spinning. It looks like it is trying to load but it just stays on the same page

What theme are you using (and what version of that theme)?

Crew Pass
    Participant

@crewpass

I am using Custom Community Pro By Theme kraft Version 0.7.1.

Sven Lehnert
    Participant

@svenl77

Hello everyone,

Sorry for your discomfort.
    We missed it to test the theme properly enough against BP 1.6 and feel sorry for it.

We are now working with 2 devs on a new version to support 1.6 and fix some overdated issues.

New version will be available around next week.

I will post it here in the forum when the new version is released.

Thanks to Paul Gibbs for pointing us on this.

Crew Pass
    Participant

@crewpass

Thanks for the update. And for working on a fix for the problem.

I look forward to the update.

oblax
    Participant

@oblax

I happened to encounter the error “Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in…..wp-contentpluginsbuddypressbp-corebp-core-template.php on line 787” Any news on the update?

Sven Lehnert
    Participant

@svenl77

Hi @all, we testet the issues and could not reproduce them. The theme works just fine with a child theme as well. We can’t guarantee it works with modified child themes, as we don’t know what are the changes.

Do you use a child theme? If so, please check if the issue still exists if you switch to the parent theme.

Also, please make sure you have all other plugins disabled (except BuddyPress), to make sure this error does not arise from a plugin conflict.

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

Hi,

i had a similar problem on a multisite install: after update from 1.5.6 to 1.6, no access to profiles, topics and some plugins. All links going nowhere else as my homepage
    I searched in the recent tickets and found a solution here: https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4415
    By commenting the (very old) NOBLOGREDIRECT line in wp-config, my url’s where back ;-)

On a single install, it maybe possible to add this filter
    `add_filter( ‘bp_do_redirect_canonical’, ‘__return_false’ );`

These solution was already given by @boonebgorges on this forum a few days back i guess

miguelcortereal
    Participant

@miguelcortereal

Not sure if ThemeKraft team is aware of this one.

I’m using:
    WP 3.4.1
    BuddyPress 1.6
    Frisco Theme

I’ve just installed your SeoPress plugin and Group Forum topics got messed.
    It allows to create new topics, shows them, but doesn’t allow to delete or even consider it as existing.

Once one topic is created and viewing it on its topic page, title doesn’t show and instead shows (0 Posts). When deleted, gives a not found page.

Deactivating the plugin everything gets normal.

Looking for the updated version of this wonderful plugin.

@Chouf1 We’ve fixed the NOBLOGREDIRECT thing in 1.6.1

Sven Lehnert
    Participant

@svenl77

@miguelcortereal, Thanks for the feedback, SeoPress update is in work.

@djpaul Some user report this issue:

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in …/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template.php on line 787

and after update to 1.6.1 the error moved to line 823:

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in …/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template.php on line 823

I’m not sure if this is a theme bug or BuddyPress related.

Sven, as you know, that’s really tricky to track down unless we have instructions to recreate. If you can recreate it, you could put in some logging to see what the variables are.

Sven Lehnert
    Participant

@svenl77

I already asked the user for access ;-)

oblax
    Participant

@oblax

I did a fresh install of wordpress and BP 1.6.1.
    It works perfect on the parent theme but not on 3 column BP theme.

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in …/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-template.php on line 823

When I open the child theme members>single>home.php and removed the ffg block it will show no error but not all tabs will show
    `

`
    Can you test where it is conflicting.

Crew Pass
    Participant

@crewpass

Hi @all,

I have been testing my plugin’s one at a time to see if one of them is the problem and I have found that WordPress HTTPS http://mvied.com/projects/wordpress-https/ is the problem. If I Deactivate it from my wordpress multi site install everything works fine.

I am going to contact the designer of the plugin and see what they can do.

Hope this helps so of you.

Thanks
    Chris

oblax
    Participant

@oblax

BTW, the 3 column theme can be found here, https://wordpress.org/extend/themes/bp-columns it produce the error mentioned below when clicking the member’s profile.

PeaceKeeper

@peacekeeper

Yup ran into same prob.

I’ve turned on Security/Encryption for the Activity page, and now it works like normal . SSL is only mild overhead so it’s no problem in my case to have it turned on, and users can that warm fuzzy secure feeling when they are posting stuff.

Pete

StudioManager

@studiomanager

I too have the same issues for any logged in user other than myself. I was thinking this was due to s2member restrictions so i was going to post asking if i missed some odd URI. I will add that when this happens it kicks the logged in user out once they give up on waiting for it to load and try to click on anything else.

I use:
    Custom-Community
    s2member
    buddypress 1.6.1

Peacekeeper: How do you do that?

StudioManager

@studiomanager

Hate to be a pest but this has essentially crippled my site, well made it less that useful for my employees. Do you have any idea at all what is causing this? Anything to try to look into to fix it? Any small animals that need to be sacrificed? :)

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Post Update and Members Directory Not working after upgrade to 1.6’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar