Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Profile page redirecting to home

• Hi,

I have a budypress multiuser site which has all been working fine. Then yesterday the profiles stopped working! The link still appears in the menu if you are logged in, and if you hover over it it’s linking to the right place, but when you click on it you just get redirected to the home page. I’m now starting to get complaints from users as they can’t get to any of their photos etc.

I didn’t build the site but I have been asked to fix it (Iknow nothing about buddypress/wpmu). Could someone point me in the right direction? are there any settings/files that could be the problem? Or any changes on the server that could affect it?

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

– Did you install and activate any plugin before this happened? Deactivate it.
    – Did you install and activate any theme before this happened? Change to bp-default.
    – Contact your webhost if they made any changes in server.
    – Re-run Settings > Permalinks again.

Hi, thanks for the reply

No plug ins or themes have been installed and permalinks didn’t make any difference. The server company say they haven’t done anything (but they have lied to me before!), I have asked them to take a look as I can’t see any reason for the redirect.

I have found the problem and you were right it was a plugin.

I found an old dev version of the site (with working profiles) and compared the plugins with the live site. The new site had BuddyPress Backwards Compatibilty installed so I deactivated it and now the profiles work. Now I just have to find out who actived that plugin then told me they hadn’t changed anything! Someone owes me a drink!

thank you

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Profile page redirecting to home’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar