Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove Member joined group messages from stream

• MrsAngelD
    Participant

@mrsangeld

Hi I’m using wpmu 2.9.2 and buddypress 1.2.3. I have installed and enabled the Auto Group Join plugin. I was wondering if there was a way that I could remove “User Joined this Group” messages from the activity stream, because everytime somebody registers it fills up the stream with 8 messages about them joining the groups I selected.

Thanks in advance,
    Angel

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • So far the only method I have found to control activity stream entries is to work of bp_get_activity_type() having found the activity type – in this instance it’s joined_group you can simply wrap the loop that’s in /activity/entry.php with something like:

if ( 'joined_group' !== bp_get_activity_type()) :

this now means that the activity loop will only output an entry as long as it’s not of type joined_group.

It’s a bit of a crude approach and others may have a better solution.

MrsAngelD
    Participant

@mrsangeld

ahhh information overload….lol. Can you break that down slightly more me I’m kinda new to this whole thing. Possibly and example of the code.

you’ll need to search back a bit – as a number of examples have been posted about “unset”-ing the activity items

MrsAngelD
    Participant

@mrsangeld

I have searched a lot, I googled and I tried searching here, and I can’t figure anything out.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Member joined group messages from stream’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar