Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Showing WordPress blog comments in activities

• Are blog comments supposed to show in the BuddyPress activity stream? I see the drop down to filter for “Show Blog Comments,” but in my tests, it always returns that nothing is found.

I had played around with a plugin that counts activity (BuddyPress Member Profile Stats) and this plugin shows the correct count for number of comments made for my test user, but again, none of the comments will actually show up in the activity stream, filtered or not.

I’m using WP 3.0 and BP 1.2.5.2.

Is this issue familiar to anyone?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• sicksight
    Participant

@sicksight

BuddyPress shows blog comments in default! Please check your settings in backend!

They do, but only for registered users.

If you have unregistered users posting comments, try BP Include Non-member Comments

BP Include Non-Member Comments

It is my understanding that blog comments should be showing by default but they are not appearing. Every other activity is appearing. Of course, blog comments are the only thing that come from the original WP install so something isn’t linking up. I’d link to it but it’s on a localhost install.

FWIW, I have made very few customizations to BP so far. It’s mostly all default right now. All components are enabled and all general settings are set to No (meaning I have not disabled anything).

I only added a few profile fields and added a function to change the default avatar.

I am testing this on two different registered users, one admin, one subscriber.

Jonas
    Participant

@wieseljonas

I had the same problem when upgrading buddypress docs by Boone. I had to deactivate it to get my comments back in the activity feed

Krokkodriljo

@krokkodriljo

I created a custom post type and comments posted on those pages does not appear in the activity stream. Any ideas on how to include them?

Using BP 1.5.

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Showing WordPress blog comments in activities’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar