Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sidebar Trouble

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I presume you have used the template pack to prepare BP pages under your chosen theme, Template pack will require that certain elements are added from the original theme markup to the new bp pages, looking at the layout shows that the original theme uses a nested element under #container called #left-div which is floated right and given a fixed width allowing room for the left sidebar. it looks as though this is missing from your bp pages and will need to be added in manually.

It may help you to open and reference one of the original theme files like ‘index’ , ‘page’, or ‘single’ and compare it’s main markup structure to the bp files and ensure that they match.

cyberknight8610

@cyberknight8610

yes I used the template pack and am turn my theme into a buddypress theme. I am kinda new to this so what do I do? I don’t really understand.

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Ok on second look it seems the sidebar on your theme is in a different placement inside #container. So another approach may be to move that code.

cyberknight8610

@cyberknight8610

where do I move it?

Is there a reason for that approach? is not the aim to replicate the original themes layout for better or worse, not that what you have suggested doesn’t work but does leave a mix of markup layout between files?

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Try this go into members/single/home.php go down to bottom and change. If this works then do the same thing on every file listed above.

</div><!-- .padder -->
        </div><!-- #content -->

<?php locate_template( array'sidebar.php' ), true ) ?>

<?php get_footer() ?>

To

<?php locate_template( array'sidebar.php' ), true ) ?>

</div><!-- .padder -->
        </div><!-- #content -->

<?php get_footer() ?>

modemlooper

@modemlooper

oh check your profile page to see if the sidebar is fixed

cyberknight8610

@cyberknight8610

how do I show you the code?

cyberknight8610

@cyberknight8610

I don’t see those on my home.php file

cyberknight8610

@cyberknight8610

ok I think I figured our what you meant but it didn’t work

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar Trouble’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar