Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

This user has been marked as a spammer. Only site admins can view this profile.

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

How do you remove this? Somebody is marked as a spammer and they are not. They reset password over and over.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

ok, so if anyone is usimg the twi connect plugin and a users does not activates after signing up and then goes to your site and clicks the twitter login it will log them in but they will be marked as a spammer. I edited database to 0 and its ok

dtclarinet
    Participant

@dtclarinet

Hello- I have the same problem, but I am not using twi connect plugin. I am the only admin. How do I reset the database?

I figured it out. Thanks!!

http://blog.davidhthomas.net

Thanks,
    David

carinallc
    Participant

@carinallc

@dtclarinet – can you share how you reset the database? I’m not using the plugin mentioned, but rather wp-fb-autoconnect. Could that cause the same issue?

Thanks

modemlooper

@modemlooper

You have to find the user in the database and change their setting to 0. If you don’t know how to access a db then google phpmyadmin and learn.

inMotionGraphics

@inmotiongraphics

Does anybody know why these users are being tagged as spammers when they aren’t. This has happened to 3 out of 5 of the latest sign ups on my site, and it is seriously causing a barrier to joining my site.

What are they going wrong that this would happen?

Thanks.

This doesn’t happen automatically. Someone is clicking a button, or you’ve got a plugin that’s doing this for you

Hello Paul Gibbs,

I just created a test user and not received any e-mail.

I also check on my Dashboard under All users, and I have members that didn’t received any e-mails as well

one have ideas why this is happening.

I also check for any plugin anti spammer that I don’t know about, and can’t find anything?

any ideas?

aces
    Participant

@aces

You should start a new topic!

Some web hosts require extra configuration to work with wordpress email.

wp-mail-smtp also provides a testing mode to help debug php and smtp mail.

Previous discussions about it can be found by searching buddypress.org for WP-Mail-SMTP

Thank you,

I contact my host, bluehost and they told me that my registration forrm and email confirmation also works fine. But I just created another test user and not received any e-mail.

should I ad this WP-Mail- SMTP plogin as well?

Can someone try to register on my site http://kanawey.com to understatd what I’m talking about? I’ve been traying to solve this problem for ove 6 days, going to diferent forums and I just don’t know what alse to do.

Please, Thank you

aces
    Participant

@aces

Thank you aces,

I’ll try that!

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

BP 1.2.x has a bug where bp_core_is_user_spammer() is not returned as a boolean, but as an integer. This causes some problems with spammer checks.

For example, if a super admin is on a person’s profile who did not activate their account via email, in the BuddyBar, that person would be incorrectly cast as a spammer.

Haven’t checked this in BP 1.5, but it’s definitely worth looking into.

Where is this super admin everyone is talking about, hey r-a-y or anyone at this point, I’ll give you acces to my site to looking into?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘This user has been marked as a spammer. Only site admins can view this profile.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar