Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tiny Mce

• sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi i am using the bp-tiny mce which works but it seems to be stripping out the bullet list and num list has anyone else had a similar problem?

After saving changing i only see p tags and thats it now other tags have been saved ????

Does buddypress do this?

Any help please

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Are you sure that the tags haven’t been saved? When you look at the source, are the ol and ul and li tags there? Or is it a stylesheet issue? Check your stylesheet for list-style-type: none

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi Boone

Thank you for the reply. if you view my code you will see that the tags are not actually their. If you view the css for the first paragraph you will see this.

here is what i get outputted when viewing page source.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scramblehthLorem

Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and

scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

I have added ol and ul list within the tiny mce but they don’t appear to be saving???

Any help please

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Sorry you can’t really tell from that but i get blockquote a tags their is definitely no ol ul or li tags i have also checked the stylesheet. ???

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Is this happening with all kinds of input? Forum posts, private messages, activity items? Also, what version of bp-tinymce are you using?

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi Boones

I using Version: 0.2.1 with a wordpress 2.9.2 installation. Yes its happening on everything i have only got extend profile enabled within component settings.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Do you have any textareas on the edit profile screen, where the tinymce box appears? (I think it’d be called a multi-line text box on Dashboard > BuddyPress > Profile Field Setup.) Can you verify that it’s happening on xprofiles?

Also, you might try the beta version I linked to in this thread: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/third-party-components-plugins/forum/topic/tinymce-for-buddypress-works-for-12-as-well/

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi Boones

I have tried you beta version, but i still have the same problem. Also i have tried deactivating your plugin completely and then tried to just insert ul li or ol tags into the multi-line text-area then saving and these still do not show???

Does buddypress strip certain tags from xprofiles. i really need to get this problem solved its quite essential for the site we are producing.

Bp-tiny-mce would be prefer for our needs as it simple allows for the tags we would need.

Any other suggestion Boones???

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Do you have access to the contents of the database, through PHPMyAdmin or something like that? Can you see if the tags are being saved properly in, for example, wp_bp_activity?

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi Boones

Yes i have access i have just looked at the database, and i have 0 rows in wp_bp_activity?

In the wp_xprofile_data i get ol ul li tags so i have this in the database in the value field.

• Item 1
    • Item 2
    • Item 3
    • But when i view the code i get the following.

Item 1 Item 2 Item 3

So the tags are saving into the database but are getting stripped out. Would this be down to a function???

This is what im using to output the xprofile field data.

Would this be something to do with the problem???

Thanks

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

ok in the above to first set off items would have ul and list tags round them they just strip them out when i save the post.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

ok, gotcha. The problem is that the tag whitelist that the plugin is supposed to add to is not working for some reason. What version of BP are you running?

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi Boones

I am running buddypress.1.2.3.zip

Thanks for the replies

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Try adding the following four lines to the end of the main bp-tinymce plugin file, just before the ?>
    http://pastebin.com/DkkX6iVd

sameast
    Participant

@sameast

Hi boone

Tried adding your code too the bottom off the file and still no joy??? Still only have strong em and p tags.

Jonas
    Participant

@wieseljonas

HI Boone!!

I love the plugin! I just have one probleme it only appears when I refresh the page??? i can’t find ou why!

Regards

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Jonas – the only thing I can think of is a javascript conflict. Are you running other plugins that load scripts into the head of the document?

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Tiny Mce’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar