Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Top Nav Bar Display Problems

• AndroidTheater

@androidtheater

Okay so I’m trying to integrate buddypress into my wordpress theme and aside from the some of the alignment issues (not too concerned with it at the moment but if anyone wants to help id appreciate it), there is some weird display problems with the top nav bar. Some of the menu items have a white background or something and it’s very hard to read the text, so how can I change either the background color or the text color on the top nav menu.
    I took a screen shot of it so you can see what I’m talking about.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/flipskater8391/Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • A SC isn’t going to be much use to someone trying to help you with coding issues :)

You simply have styling issues and need to work through the stylesheets adjusting where necessary you may or probably have still to ensure that the markup in BP files copied to your wp theme match to the WP theme files if you have ‘alignment’ issues.

Above all if you need help with code you will need to let coders have sight of code, a link to the site – if it’s up live – would be best.

AndroidTheater

@androidtheater

I just need to know where to go in order to change this. Where is the code for this bar usually saved? What code would you need to look at? the themes CSS? the site is live but i have deactivated buddypress until i figure this out.

If you are talking about the adminbar (very top) then the template plugin references the file from the bp-default theme in the buddypress plugin directory but you can disable that file and code your own styles or place a copy of the file in your themes folder and add an @import call to it in your style.css, then changes will be preserved when you update BP (that can be a good or bad thing depending on the changes)

AndroidTheater

@androidtheater

I found the CSS for the nav bar in bp-default and got it all fixed! thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Top Nav Bar Display Problems’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar