Categories
Search
Bottom

Translation not working?

• Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

Hi,

I just finished making a new Dutch translation, but I uploaded it and defined the language in my wp-config to nl_NL and it didn’t work.

I’m not sure what’s going on since I translated correctly (after lots of mistakes), anybody any ideas?

You can download it here.

Thanks,

Mitchell

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

Check your messages, I figured it out.. but it wasn’t easy… I think we should write a new tutorial of how to translate for BP because information about this is quite hard to find and not well documented.. I’ll try to write a quick tutorial for this soon :)

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

In continuation of this, I ran into a fatal error on the buddypress settings page in the admin area.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_core_get_buddypress_themes() in /customers/xevodesign.nl/xevodesign.nl/httpd.www/talkmore/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-admin.php on line 105

Edit: Nevermind, using “define ( ‘BP_IGNORE_DEPRECATED’, true );” in your wp-config isn’t allowed apparently..

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

Got it working, hacked bp-core.php and made it a static link (to the .mo file).

Inactive

Looking forward to help on the language’s. I’ve got buddypress translated to dutch and that works fine. After that I activated bbpress but cannot figure out where the language files for bbpress go ?

bb-config says: * bbPress Localized Language, defaults to English.

* Change this to localize bbPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen

* language must be installed to a directory called “my-languages” in the root

* directory of bbPress. For example, install de.mo to “my-languages” and set

* BB_LANG to ‘de’ to enable German language support.

*/

define( ‘BB_LANG’, ‘nl_NL’ );

Where is the root directory of bbPress when one installed it with the one-click install from within buddypress ? e.g. where does the .mo file go ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Translation not working?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar