Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Tried installing new theme but now I have a fatal error

• James Blackburn
    Participant

@jblackburn58

Hi, I’m pretty new to BuddyPress. I tried installing a free theme (Spyker) and after going through step-by-step I ended up with the following:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_dtheme_post_update() (previously declared in /home/bedford/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php:113) in /home/bedford/public_html/wp-content/themes/Spyker/_inc/ajax.php on line 92

Now I can’t get into my admin anymore or do anything. Can someone please help? Is there some way for me to get back to normal?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Access wp-content/themes/ via FTP/cPanel and rename Spyker theme folder to something else. Clear cache and go back to wp-admin

I had the same error and still wanted to use the theme – after I renamed it and got rid of the error message, I tried disabling the BuddyPress Template Pack plugin I’d installed to try to get a normal WordPress theme to work. Then I went back and applied the same buddypress theme again, this time with no problems.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Tried installing new theme but now I have a fatal error’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar