Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Trouble Uploading Avatars WP 3.2.1 / BP 1.2.9

• transferofhealth

@transferofhealth

Hi – I just reinstalled SINGLE user WordPress 3.2.1, added the Buddypress plugin, customized all the templates to fit my ElegantThemes template.

I went to upload my avatar, selected the file, hit “upload”, then mystery man was still my avatar (and it says “no file chosen” next to choose file).

After hours of searching the forum, working through code, and feeling like I’ve tried everything, it is doing the same thing.

http://youngrens.com

Please help. Thank you!

Tiffany

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• transferofhealth

@transferofhealth

I also tried to add a group – went through Step 1 (group name and description), click “Create Group and Continue” – then the page reloads with a blank Step 1 form, as if I never entered any info.

Could be related?

Thanks in advance for your help!

transferofhealth

@transferofhealth

PS – this is what I’ve got:

BuddyPress: 1.2.9
    BP_ROOT_BLOG: standard
    MySQL: 5.0.91
    Permalinks: month and name : http://youngrens.com/index.php/2011/09/sample-post/
    PHP: 5.2.11
    WordPress: 3.2.1
    WordPress multisite: no

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== customized all the templates to fit my ElegantThemes template. ==
    Just to clarify, you installed and activated BP Template Pack plugin, then customized templates from template pack plugin to fit your theme’s HTML structure, right? Are you using the latest BP template pack plugin?

== After hours of searching the forum, working through code, and feeling like I’ve tried everything, it is doing the same thing ==
    Could be conflict with elegant theme. To check: Deactivate BP Template Pack plugin, go to Appearance > Themes and change to bp-default theme and check if you can create groups, upload avatars and the like.

transferofhealth

@transferofhealth

Hi –

===
    “installed and activated BP Template Pack plugin, then customized templates from template pack plugin to fit your theme’s HTML structure, right? Are you using the latest BP template pack plugin”
    > Yes – and yes.

====
    “Could be conflict with elegant theme. To check: Deactivate BP Template Pack plugin, go to Appearance > Themes and change to bp-default theme and check if you can create groups, upload avatars and the like.”
    > I just tried what you suggested – good idea, but unfortunately it had the same problem

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Deactivate BuddyPress,
    – Can you upload image/s via media library? Or can you create native WP gallery in your install?

Check if there was an /avatars/ folder created in your server –> wp-content/uploads/avatars
    – If there’s no avatars folder created, then you might be dealing with permissions
    – If there is an avatars folder, open it up and dig in to look for images named like
    3a912****2d2f-bpfull.jpg
    3a912****2d2f-bpthumb.jpg

Btw, Linux or Windows server? Is your install localhost or online?

transferofhealth

@transferofhealth

Image uploads work perfectly via the media library. I’m not sure what a native WP gallery is….

I created an avatars folder earlier today in my /uploads/ directory – I’ve tried to upload avatars and the folder is still empty.

File permission for the uploads folder and subfolders is 755.

Because I also can’t create groups, or register as a new user, I’m wondering if there isn’t some weird root folder link that isn’t working correctly. I’m not getting any errors whey I try to add a group / upload avatar, etc. – it’s like it just ignores me and gives me the original blank entry form (and doesn’t put the info anywhere).

http://youngrens.com/register/

My site is hosted through Readyhosting on a Windows 2003 server (a pain – I know).

I used Buddypress on this server months ago, but took it down when I revamped my site and used Elegant Themes.

Thanks in advance for your help!! :)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

transferofhealth

@transferofhealth

I’m concerned about changing server information when I’m don’t seem to be having the 404 error trouble as is noted in the references you gave.

Is it normal to not be able to use BuddyPress on a Windows server? I know it’s more difficult – but one of the potential solutions you listed even said that one of the BP developers uses a Windows Server.

I’m afraid that if I can’t do some kind of coding fix, I’ll just have to dump buddy press :(

Thanks again in advance for any solutions! :)

transferofhealth

@transferofhealth

OK – so I’ve (among other things)

1. Created the 404-handler.php and changed my IIS admin to the /404-handler.php
    2. Tried the special web.config settings for IIS7 (but I have IIS6) – it made no difference
    3. Played with my IIS Admin settings
    4. Changed settings in my ini.php file to set the directory target
    5. Read a lot of .htaccess coding and mod-rewrites. I think my eyes are bleeding (haha – just kidding)

SO I WENT ON TO
    1. Deactivated then Deleted BP and all supporting plugins
    2. Deactivated the theme I customized and activated the default WP template.
    3. Reinstalled BP
    4. Activated the BP theme
    5. Still won’t let me register, upload avatar, add a group or do anything else.

Any ideas?

I am NOT getting a 404 error – but when I enter any new info – new registration, new group, etc., I click “submit” – the form resets, but I’m still on that page. Nothing happens. My upload files are empty of any BP info. My media files DO upload fine.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can (pretty please with sugar on top) solve this mystery!!!!

……
    Tiffany

transferofhealth

@transferofhealth

I just completely deleted all WP and BP and plugin files.
    > did a clean install of WP
    > only installed BP
    > activated BP template theme

Still having the same trouble…..

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble Uploading Avatars WP 3.2.1 / BP 1.2.9’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar