Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

uploaded BP site from local and just have blank screen

• tiki16
    Participant

@tiki16

Hello, I have been developing a bp site locally. I I changed the domain in settings from local host to my site url.
    Uploaded everything and installed DB with phpmyadmin. I couldn’t edit the config file remotely so I changed it locally and uploaded it. DB is set up but when I got to the domain it is blank.

Also, I changed config.php back to local settings but I can’t login locally?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Steve

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

Have you installed any Cache plugins? This can cause a blank page.. Can you reach the admin panel? Do you have any messages in your error log? Also you can try to revert back to the default theme by renaming the currently active theme folder through FTP.

tiki16
    Participant

@tiki16

No cache plugins and I can’t reach the admin panel. Where do I check the error log. I’ll try to revert to the default. I didn’t turn off any plugins when I uploaded.
    thanks

Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

a good thing to do is renaming the plugin folder to “plugins_off”. This disables all the plugins.. so you can see if the problem is located in a plugin. Logging needs to be set up: https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Configure_Error_Log

Also try to follow this guide if want to start over. This is a pretty solid method:

Move WordPress to a new domain in 10 easy steps!

tiki16
    Participant

@tiki16

Also, how can I change my settings locally so that the url is localhost and not the remote host?

tiki16
    Participant

@tiki16

Thanks I won’t be able to do this till later this evening.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘uploaded BP site from local and just have blank screen’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar