Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

User Blogs

• I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I enabled network in WP 3.0 and installed/activated BuddyPress. I can register as a new user and create a blog; however, I’m running into the following issues:

1. When I click to view the blog, the page is not styled (even though I have a theme enabled for it).
    2. When I’m logged in as Super Admin I can see the default blog and user created blog in the Blog Directory. When I’m logged in as the subscriber/basic user, I only see the default blog in the directory and my user-specific blog under My Blogs. When I’m not logged into the site at all, I only see the default blog listed in the directory.
    3. Shouldn’t I be able to manage the blog I create as as “regular” user”? When I select Blogs>Dashboard (or any other admin tool under My Blogs), I am presented with a ‘page not found’ page.

Please help…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Hm. It almost sounds like the blog isn’t being created completely. Are you running any plugins aside from BuddyPress? Are you able to create new blogs through the Dashboard > Super Admin > Sites interface?

Boone,

Thank you for the reply.

I just figured out what I did wrong. It was an issue with the .htaccess file. All is good in the world now.

Thanks!

Ok…it appears that when I create a blog as a “basic” user that the blog is not public by default. Is this how it should work? Is there a way to change the settings so that when a blog is created it is public automatically?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Is the blog set to be fully public at Dashboard > Settings > Privacy?

Boone,

No…currently I have it visible to normal visitors only.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘User Blogs’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar