Categories
Search
Bottom

Users Can’t Add Additional Blogs

• robp
    Participant

@robp

Hi,

I’ve just recently set up WPMU 2.6 and buddy press rc-1. When a new user is created, the associated blog works fine. When the user tries to create an additional blog under their account, the following message appears “The blog you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administrator.”

I’ve taken out all the buddypress plugins and checked that as a normal user on WPMU I am able to sign up for additional blogs with the same user account and it all works fine.

After putting bp back on, I signed in as to Site Admin and can see that the failed blog was created but there’s a few fields missing when I check its properties – ie i noticed it’s associated with the right user but the user has no role defined (and the drop down box is empty).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could look to resolve this?

Thanks

Rob

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Burt Adsit
    Participant

@burtadsit

bp requires 2.7 wpmu

robp
    Participant

@robp

Thanks for the reply, Burtadsit. Unfortunately the error when creating additional blogs persists even after I ugraded to wpmu 2.7. Anyone got ideas what could be causing it?

Burt Adsit
    Participant

@burtadsit

Nope. Not yet. I\’m looking at it. That error occurs if wpmu can\’t find the \’siteurl\’ for the blog. Don\’t know why it can\’t yet. From what you described the blog isn\’t getting completely setup properly:

After putting bp back on, I signed in as to Site Admin and can see that the failed blog was created but there\’s a few fields missing when I check its properties – ie i noticed it\’s associated with the right user but the user has no role defined (and the drop down box is empty).

Burt Adsit
    Participant

@burtadsit

This works fine for me and nobody else has had this problem. Exactly what does your mu install look like?

Linux/Windows

subdomain or subdirectory

wpmu installed in the root or a subdir

shared hosting or dv

?

I, too, seem to be having the same issue as Robp. I’m running Debian Etch. I want to install in subdirectories; wpmu is installed in root dir.

http://litmuse.maconstate.edu/

Blog error:

http://litmuse.maconstate.edu/grlucas

Thanks.

I’m also getting the following error when I try to edit the blog settings under Site Admin > Blogs:

Blog options (wp_3_options)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php on line 147

I also signed up with another user. When I login with that user, I’m able to get the dashboard, but I get the same message “The blog you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administrator.” — when I try to access the blog with the given URL.

One other thing: neither of the two blogs I tried to create appear on the “Blogs” page of the main WPMU site.

e_mcpartlin
    Participant

@e_mcpartlin

Was this issue resolved at all? I am experiencing the same phenomenon:

MU works fine before BP is installed.

Once BP is installed, I can create blogs from the MU backend, but I get the message:

“The blog you have requested is not installed properly. Please contact the system administrator.”

…when I try to visit them. I’m sure BP is the source of the issue because WPMU works fine before the BP install.

Thanks!

thestasi
    Participant

@thestasi

I had the same problem, and after hours of playing with it the only solution was to disable all plugins, create the blog by using the dashboard create new blog,

The problem is one of the plugins – not pointing any figures at BP, doesn’t allow the sql to fire and create the tables in the database.

Once the blog is working, you may have errors floating about the screen but just ignore them till you have a theme activated for that new blog, and then turn on all the plugins back on.

Convoluted yes, but it works for me.

gasparking
    Participant

@gasparking

i have the same problem with wpmu 2.92 and bp 1.2.4.1
    I have to deactivate buddypress in order to creat blogs.
    Once blog created and buddypress reactivated, i am not able to link the blog with the group-blog plugin.

Does anybody have a solution ?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Users Can’t Add Additional Blogs’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar