Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Where are all my blogs?

• kbeatt
    Participant

@kbeatt

I am using WordPress 3.0 and the latest BuddyPress version. When I view the blog directory, I can’t see all of my site’s blogs. The directory page says there are only 39 blogs, when I have well over 150 blogs. Why can’t I see them all?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

When was the last time that everything was displaying correctly? Did you just upgrade to WP 3.0? Or did you just upgrade to a new BP version (and if so what did you just upgrade from)?

kbeatt
    Participant

@kbeatt

I upgraded from WPMU 2.8.6 to WP3.0 and installed BP today. I had tried BP about 6 months ago, but it wasn’t working so I uninstalled it. I should mention I am using the bp-template plugin so I can use my customized Twenty Ten theme with BP.

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

Did you just make the necessary manual adjustments in addition to the automatic upgrade stuff. Read these 2 guides, but especially the 1st. Did you do all of those things (including editing the .htaccess file)?

http://wpmututorials.com/how-to/upgrading-from-wpmu-to-wp-3-0/

http://wpmu.org/important-things-you-should-know-before-upgrading-to-wordpress-3-0/

kbeatt
    Participant

@kbeatt

I have done all of those steps. I did have to remove the When I say I can’t “see” all my blogs, I mean they are not being listed on the directory page that comes with BP. I can still go to all my blogs listed or not. That’s not a problem. I just want to see all the blogs, more than 39, I am hosting since I hope to use the directory so I can allow my faculty and students easy access to find the blogs. You can see what I am talking about here: http://blogs.friendscentral.org/blogs.

Andrea Rennick
    Participant

@andrea_r

Wasn’t this an older issue with BP where it wouldn’t find some blogs that existed before BP was activated?

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

right have you tried disabling the blog component in the settings and then enabling again. and check the privacy settings per blog, I know sometimes I get blogs assigned private for some reason or another when messing around with upgrades, plugins, and tinkering.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

What @nahummadrid said – those blogs set to privacy settings “Allow visitors but not visible to Google” and above – if you’re using more privacy options plugin where you have three more privacy settings – won’t be seen in Blogs directory.

kbeatt
    Participant

@kbeatt

I do not have any privacy plugins on my site. I changed the privacy setting on a site that is not one of the 39 blogs listed in the directory to “visible to everyone” and it does not get listed in the directory. I also changed a site that was listed in the directory to be private, but it is still listed in the directory.

Nahum
    Participant

@nahummadrid

@kbeatt Did you Disable/Enable Blog Tracking? Deactivate/Reactivate BP?

kbeatt
    Participant

@kbeatt

@nahummadrid i did try disabling/enabling blog tracking. No change. I have not tried de/reactivating BP. I will try that now.

kbeatt
    Participant

@kbeatt

That worked! De/reactivating BP made all 315 (I didn’t know I had that many) blogs show up. Thanks everyone for all your suggestions and help.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Where are all my blogs?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar