Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WordPress Upgrades vs WP MultiSite vs BuddyPress

• thealchemist

@thealchemist

Ok. Just when I was comfortable with the majority of my work on my WP+WPMultiSite+BP website I see a new WordPress update pop up. Oy!

So, any thoughts on the impact of WP updates? Should I simply update the minute it pops up like I do on other sites? Or should I wait for a shakedown from BP to be certain the update won’t whack my site?

Just curious to know how others have handled this.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

WP upgrades, especially security and maintenance releases (ie when the version number is 3.x.x rather than 3.x), are generally very unlikely to break any plugins, including BP. I’d recommend that you upgrade to maintenance releases immediately.

Feature releases, like WP 3.0 and 3.1, are somewhat more likely to cause problems with plugins like BP. But the BP core team works closely with the WP core team to ensure that BuddyPress is ready for whatever changes come along ahead of time. If there is something in BuddyPress that absolutely cannot be fixed prior to a major WP release, we’ll do our best to warn you about it before you upgrade.

Ehegwer
    Participant

@ehegwer

Yep, I just did the update, and so far so good. But if you are concerned, you should do a backup just in case.

thealchemist

@thealchemist

Thanks to you both!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress Upgrades vs WP MultiSite vs BuddyPress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar