Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

WP Facebook Autoconnect Avatar Superseding uploaded avatar

• jordashtalon

@jordashtalon

I finally got the WP Facebook Autoconnect to work, except for it’s having one problem, once the users Facebook Avatar is uploaded to the site, it’s impossible to change. I’m sure most of my users will want to change their Avatar every now and then (and have it be different from their Facebook one).

Anyone able to solve this problem? The upload process still works perfectly but it just always sticks with the Facebook Picture instead of the Buddypress picture.

Thanks for any help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Korhan Ekinci
    Participant

@korhanekinci

@JordashTalon, how did you get it to work? I have wp 3 and latest bp with default bp theme. I am working on this for the past 3 days and no success!

jordashtalon

@jordashtalon

@korhanekinci

Actually the only way I can get it to work is by using the widget, when I put it on a page the manual way there is a Javascript error I was able to track down which is causing problems unless it’s the widget. So i’m hacking the widget to get it to look / work the way I want.

I have an older version of the plugin that doesn’t seem to override the BuddyPress Avatar i’ll let you know if that works any better than the new version.

jordashtalon

@jordashtalon

I downloaded an older version of the plugin and it doesn’t auto pull the facebook avatar but at least they can change their avatar if they choose (which is more important) AND they can auto login with Facebook without going through the registration process which is very fluid.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Facebook Autoconnect Avatar Superseding uploaded avatar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar