Categories
Search
Bottom

WPMU + BuddyPress – Use Registration Password

• Steve
    Participant

@steveholland

Hi,

I have just enabled MU on my existing website which uses the latest version of BuddyPress and WordPress. However there’s an issue;

When users register via the normal BuddyPress register page (domain.com/register/) they enter their password and other info, submit their registration, activate their account and then the problem occurs.

Wordpress MU sends them an email saying welcome, then gives them their username and a password which is not theirs! Why is it not using the password the user specified at registration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If a plugin is required I would be happy to discuss payment for development.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

WordPress MU sends them an email saying welcome, then gives them their username and a password which is not theirs! Why is it not using the password the user specified at registration?

This bug needs to be confirmed. If no one has a chance to confirm this, I’ll try and duplicate what Steve has experienced later today.

Steve
    Participant

@steveholland

Thanks Ray,

If it’s a bug then that explains it!

For the record; this is on a WordPress/BuddyPress install (latest versions) where no core files have been modified. Let me know if you’d like me to test anything or provide login details, happy to do so.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘WPMU + BuddyPress – Use Registration Password’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar