Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Writing new blog posts

• Chris O’Brien
    Participant

@sjcobrien

I have buddypress default theme here: http://nextnewsroom.com.

Problem: Users can’t figure out how to write blog posts. I need to direct them to the admin panel. Is there a way to add a tab at the top or to the admin bar that will take them to the back end so they can post?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I don’t see any user blogs apart from the ‘test’ one are you letting users create their own blogs or simply wanting them to be able to post on the main one? If they have their own blogs then there will be a link to them on the adminbar, otherwise you will need to elevate them from ‘Subscribers’ on the main blog to a role that lets them create posts.

Chris O’Brien
    Participant

@sjcobrien

@hnla I’ve elevated them all to contributors. I just want them to be able to write posts that appear in the main blog for now (rather than giving each person their own blog). But right now, those users don’t know where to go to write a post. I need to steer them to nextnewsroom.com/wp-admin . But when I do elevate them, there is no link or button or tab that appears that tells them how to get one. I’d like to add a tab that says “add new post” or some such thing that would take them to the dashboard. Is there an easy hack for doing that?

Chris O’Brien
    Participant

@sjcobrien

Ah, so that suggests that the issue was patched and committed for 1.2.5, do the blog links appear on the adminbar? I’ll have to test this as haven’t run across this set of circumstances.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Writing new blog posts’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar