Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

All BP pages gone after updating to WP3.2 and BP 1.9

• dharmen99
    Participant

@dharmen99

After updating WPMU and BP to 3.2 and 1.9 respectively, BP gives ‘page not found’ when clicking any of the Activity, Members, Groups, Forums or Blogs menus. My home page is not a posts page and shows up. If i change the home page to show the activity stream the stream shows up but any links within it are broken. Any help greatly appreciated.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• dharmen99
    Participant

@dharmen99

I really need some help with this, does any one have a clue as to what might be happening. I’m using the BP columns theme, I thought that might be the problem, so i tried using the BP default theme 1.29 but it makes no difference, all the main menu heading still give page not found. I logged into my database everything appears to be in order there. What to do?

Don’t know. Have you tried setting your permalinks again?

dharmen99
    Participant

@dharmen99

I don’t remember ever having set them other than in the beginning when i had to select a new format for them. i’ve just been to the permalinks tab in the dashboard and re saved the setting and it says permalink structure updated, but theres no change. Is there somewhere else I should check? I have also looked in the error log and from the the day i did the upgrade (automatic) there is this line:
    ‘[05-Jul-2011 10:34:43] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method wpdb::WPDB() in /home/sannyasn/public_html/now/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bp-forums-bbpress.php on line 144’, repeated 7 times. I looked at line 144 but it does mean much to me.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Based on the nature of the error, I would say that you upgraded to WP 3.2 before upgrading to BP 1.2.9, and those errors were logged before you upgraded to BP 1.2.9.

What did you set your permalink structure to? When you say that the page is not found, can you be more specific? Is it a 404 page? Or is it some other kind of error?

dharmen99
    Participant

@dharmen99

Yes, i upgrade WP first using auto update when I saw there was an update available in the dashboard. With the WP site, all went well. My BuddyPress site seemed fine until i clicked on the members link and I got the page not found message. i then saw in the dashboard that 1.29 was available for BP (it was not offered before this point). Thinking this would sort the problem with the members page i ran the auto update for 1.29. After that all the main links gave the same message. The message does not say 404 on it, it just has two lines:
    ‘Page Not Found’ and ‘The page you are looking for cannot be found’. thats all.
    The permalink structure is set to ‘Numeric’.

FrontierInfoSurgeon

@frontierinfosurgeon

I also have this problem… Did you ever fix this? I have been at this for 3 days. any help would be appreciated. THANKS!!

aces
    Participant

@aces

Try resaving your permalinks as something other than default.

And/or check your .htaccess file in the website root directory (where wp-config.php is) for a block like the following:
    `
    # BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress
    `

dharmen99
    Participant

@dharmen99

This is a multi site sub directory install with only three sites, the primary site is not using Buddypress, just a secondary site uses it and this is the one that is giving the problems. The third site is active but not being used and is not using BuddyPress.
    My .htaccess file follows, (some differences but I don’t know if these are significant).

# BEGIN WordPress
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /now/
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ – [L]

# uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$2 [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ – [L]
    RewriteRule ^[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/(.*.php)$ $1 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

# END WordPress

dharmen99
    Participant

@dharmen99

I finally got the navigation links to work: i added this code to the wp-config file.
    ‘define ( ‘BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG’, true );’

I had and still have this line:
    define ( ‘BP_ROOT_BLOG’, 3 );
    which appears to have stopped working since upgrading from BP1.28 WP 3.14 to BP1.2.9 WP 3.21

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘All BP pages gone after updating to WP3.2 and BP 1.9’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar