Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress forum not updating activity streams?

• Unit9
    Participant

@unit9

Hi guys,

I’m loving BuddyPress so far. But I’ve installed the bbPress site-wide forums and whenever I post, it doesn’t update my activity feed with the forum post. Why is that? It says activity feed updating is part of the features in the installation.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • It should work. Does your activity stream work for content generated in BuddyPress?

Unit9
    Participant

@unit9

Hi Paul – thanks for the reply!

Yep it does – works for everything: Posting new stories in the blog. Commenting on other people’s profiles. Making groups, etc. The only thing it doesn’t work for is the forum.

If it helps, I literally installed Buddypress from within the latest version of WordPress and I installed the stand-alone bbPress forums from within the Buddypress forum settings.

Hi,
    Hope someone can help me out. My BuddyPress works perfectly . Everything works fine. Except the reply on my Activity stream. I am able to make new comment or new post on the Activity (mysitie.com/activity/) . But whenever i reply to a comment . it responds. to 404 page. (mysite.com/activity/reply) .

what i have done so far:
    edited my bp-activity-template.php ; line 1797 ( ` return apply_filters( ‘bp_get_activity_comment_form_action’, home_url( bp_get_activity_root_slug() . ‘/reply/’ ) );
    } `. )

my .htaccess file works fine.

I have upgraded and used version 1.2 – 1.5.4
    all gave the same response whenever i reply a comment on my activity stream. ( 404 error Page Not found.)

Please help.

Unit9
    Participant

@unit9

Hi again Paul, here is the forum post on the site:

http://buddypress.p-h1.com/community/topic/this-is-my-first-topic/

And here is the admin activity page:

http://buddypress.p-h1.com/members/admin/

I did change the url that was /forums/ to /community/ in bbPress, because that was already taken up by Buddypress, even though the forums weren’t completely set up. :)

Unit9
    Participant

@unit9

Hi guys, FYI: I tried to raise this via the ‘report bugs here’ link but my login details wouldn’t work. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘bbPress forum not updating activity streams?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar