Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP running on localhost MAMP Pro

• Vera Schafer
    Participant

@vschafer

BP was installed and is running on my localhost MAMP Pro with BP Default 1.2.5.2 template. However, when I click on tabs like Actvity, Members, Group, About I get an error message, such as: “The requested URL /mywebsite/activity/ was not found on this server. But I can see all these directories and php files undeer wp-content/plugins/buddypress directories. What am I doing wrong?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Did you setup pretty permalinks in the WordPress settings?

Vera Schafer
    Participant

@vschafer

I have a little trouble every time I try to change permalinks – not very familiar with that – so what I did was simply change from default to the next option day and name. But now I see that it was unable to write to .htaccess file and it gives me some instructions to do it by myself. So I guess I have to try it, right?

Vera Schafer
    Participant

@vschafer

I don’t even know where this .htaccess file is located :-(

nit3watch
    Participant

@nit3watch

should be wordpress>.htaccess

Vera Schafer
    Participant

@vschafer

Interesting. I found that same file under an old WP installation in my web server but when I downloaded WP to my Mac’s HD this file did not come with it or maybe it is hidden. Thank you for the tip. I’m still trying to find that file on my Mac.

Vera Schafer
    Participant

@vschafer

You guys rock! It worked! But it left a little bit of a code that I don’t know how to get rid of. Every tab shows the “?” for a logo which WP can’t find (1 Files: index.php and MAMP-PRO-Logo.gif) Where would that code be?

nit3watch
    Participant

@nit3watch

if you have firefox and firebug set up, try right click>inspect-element on the ‘?’ and see where it points to

Vera Schafer
    Participant

@vschafer

Great tip! It pointed to a file under the root that came with MAMP Pro so I deleted it but I’m still unable to retrieve the pages for each tab.
    I opened a new topic for that :-(

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘BP running on localhost MAMP Pro’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar