Categories
Search
Bottom

buddypress after installation not active in frontend

• bloew11
    Participant

@bloew11

Hello together

i’ve installed the buddypress extension and activated it. the Permalink Settings are set to “Month and name” (i uploaded a empty .htaccess file before)
    i’m new in wordpress but i think the extension is only active at the backend(/wp-admin) in the frontned i don’v have the menu bar with My account notifications…
    and also if i click on my profile link(/members/admin) it redirect’s me to my startpage (link to my site: beli.xn--lw-fka.ch)

thanks for your help

beli

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• modemlooper

@modemlooper

Why upload a blank .htaccess file? You don’t need to do this WP edits that file for you. If you do not have the buddypress default them activated that could be the problem. BuddyPress must have a compatible theme.

bloew11
    Participant

@bloew11

i uploaded a blank, becaus if no .htaccess file exists, i get the error “permission denied”. now i checked the .htaccessfile and i only have this inside:

# BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress

is that correct?

thanks
    beat

modemlooper

@modemlooper

You need to use a BuddyPress compatible theme. Just activating BuddyPress on a WordPress site is not enough.

https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/wordpress-to-buddypress-theme/

bloew11
    Participant

@bloew11

i’ve done the steps with BP Compatibility and now it works! thanks a lot!

Beli

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘buddypress after installation not active in frontend’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar