Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Compose Message

• Hi fairly new to all this . so please bare with me. I installed buddypress and I am using my own theme. I was having an isssue with the page structure, so I just took the the side bar out of my buddypress pages for now.

I now would like to know if there is a way that I can munipulate page layout within buddypress (css). My Compose message page is all distorted, the text on the page is no where near where it should be and there are elements just randomly placed on the page with no organization.
    Help please!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Sure, you can manipulate page layouts with CSS. Before going further, what theme are you using? Also – help us help you.

I am running wordpress 2.9.2, and buddypress 1.2.3
    I am using my own theme and the buddypress template pack
    The only files I have changed are these
    * /activity/index.php
    * /blogs/index.php
    * /forums/index.php
    * /groups/index.php
    * /groups/create.php
    * /groups/single/home.php
    * /groups/single/plugins.php
    * /members/index.php
    * /members/single/home.php
    * /members/single/plugins.php
    * /registration/register.php

This is my URL http://mightyangler.com

Also single user WP not wp/mu

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

If you’re not using it yet, download and install Firebug, Firefox add-on, which will help you identify the ID’s and classes associated with the elements you want to reposition in the compose message page and add such in your theme’s style.css. Either that or change the files or just the compose.php within bp-template-pack/templates/members/single/messages/ like you did with the files you changed in template pack.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Compose Message’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar