Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Downloading and installing BuddyPress

• akagi
    Participant

@bhalun

I’d like to test use BuddyPress. Automatic download and install doesn’t happen – what url should one be on and where does one click to get the download and install? I’ve downloaded the manual zip files, but can’t find an exe file. It says to place the files in a directory – would that be in c: in my case, on Windows? Then what do I do?

Question: Is it possible to run BuddyPress on Linux?

Please help me download/install and set up!

thatnks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@bhalun – BuddyPress doesn’t use an .exe file. If you used the manual download, simply extract the “buddypress” folder from the .ZIP file to your web server’s /wp-content/plugins/ folder.

Then login to the WP backend and click on “Plugins”, BuddyPress should show up. Simply click on “Activate”.

founder
    Participant

@dfcppnfounder

Warning: require_once(/home/kppn107c/public_html/network/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kppn107c/public_html/network/wp-content/plugins/bp-loader.php on line 19
    I get this

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@dfcppnfounder – Your directory structure should look like this – “/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/”. BP files reside in this folder and not in “wp-content/plugins”.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Downloading and installing BuddyPress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar