Categories
Search
Bottom

Even default theme not working.

• pacifist
    Participant

@pacifist

Hi there.

Im new to wordpress and buddypress as i recently rebuild my page after i had too many problems creating what i wanted with my drupal cms.
    I installed wordpress 3.0.1 and BuddyPress 1.2.5.2. (I also use qTranslate, Askimet and WordPress Stats)

The installation seems to work. When change the theme to the default BuddyPress theme (in fact any BuddyPress theme) the buddypress links show either as blue links in a tree on a white page (or on a colorfull background depending on the them but also with the links under the footer in a tree).
    I have a static front page with a different theme but i wont work neither if I deactivate it.

It seems like the css is not able to rearrange the content in the right way. But i don’t know how to change that.

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Is your WP single site or multisite? Test WP functions first before installing BuddyPress to isolate the problems you have in your install. Run Settings > Permalinks and set it to other than default. Deactivate BuddyPress and qTranslate. Now go change themes in WordPress site – is the theme layout showing as expected? Upload media in site. If you’ve gone multisite, upload media in subsite/blog also, are images showing up in posts with WP default theme (twentyten) on for main site and subsite? If answer to either is no, then you have to resolve those issues first before installing BuddyPress by going to https://wordpress.org/support/

pacifist
    Participant

@pacifist

Thx for help.
    First its a single site. I already have permalinks set to day and name. Works fine.
    If i deactivate BuddyPress, theme ist alright. (All themes that are not for buddypress, that i tested at least) I tried BuddyPress with qTranslate and qTranslate deactivated. Image uploaded to a post shows up without problems.

Do you have any other ideas what might be causing the issue? I am totally clueless right now.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

“the buddypress links show either as blue links in a tree on a white page”
    Based on search in this site, there have been issues with the qTranslate plugin, Since the plugin also hooks onto the bp adminbar, it could have caused your links to appear without any styling. Did you follow the instruction to delete code line for qTranslate to play nice with BuddyPress? https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-qtranslate/

pacifist
    Participant

@pacifist

I did that. The only thing it changed is that now if i try to login i dont get to the dashboard. Instead I go back to the main page.
    The theme issues are not solved.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

“The theme issues are not solved.”
    bp-default theme out of the box with BuddyPress plus adding a header image would be like in testbp.org
    Deactivate all plugins including qTranslate and leave only BuddyPress plugin activated with bp-default theme. If bp adminbar is still bad, recommend reinstallation of WP and BP from scratch.

pacifist
    Participant

@pacifist

I see. I hoped it would not come down to this. Maybe i will reinstall again tomorrow. If anyone still has an idea i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.

Coral Atlas
    Participant

@coralatlas

wow – I’m getting the feeling the BP has a long way to go – not clear why it’s rated so highly based on a lot of what I’m experiencing and reading –
    a lot of broken parts from what i can tell and pieces that don’t fit within the overall geometry of wp themes, plugins etc

pacifist
    Participant

@pacifist

Hi there.
    I reinstalled it two times. Now its finally working. I dont know how or what the problem was but it seems like it works.

Thanks for the help.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Even default theme not working.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar