Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum tables are not created

• nutsmuggler

@nutsmuggler

Hello folks,
    this is Davide from Italy. I am a bbpress newbie, but quite experienced with WP and BBpress.
    I was able to get BP up and integrating it with my own theme, buYt I’m having some problem installing the forums. At first I tried the ‘use existing install’ option (I do have an existing install), but had some problem, so I thought I’d start with a clean slate and try importing later. So I wiped out all of buddypress (plugin, options in wp-options, tables), reinstalled, activated and try to set up a forum with the ‘new bbpress install’ option. According to the wizard everything was set up, but no tables were created; the bb-config file was added, obviously forums were not working. I repeated the procedure twice, always the same result. I also made sure I had all of the previous bbpress and buddypress stuff removed from my WP install. To be extra safe I even increased to 64mb the PHP memory limit, but still no tables.
    Do you have any suggestion?
    Cheers,
    Davide

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • first thing i would check is the meta site_option -> bb-config-location and verify the file path is correct. (and that bb-config contains the proper info)

nutsmuggler

@nutsmuggler

Where do I find the meta you mention? I tried in the WP options table, no luck thereā€¦

located in “youreprefix”_options table :: option_name->bb-config-location

if not there, probably why nothing is being created as buddypress looks there before generating all the tables.

nutsmuggler

@nutsmuggler

Ok, the option is there and correctly set. Any suggestion for resetting this and trying a to reinstall?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum tables are not created’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar