Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Installed and activated BuddyPress = Wall of Warnings!

• ancawonka
    Participant

@ancawonka

Hello there,

I just installed BuddyPress 1.2.5.2 on a Multi-site WordPress 3.0 setup. As soon as I activated, I got a wall of warnings, like:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated – argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of apply_filters(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/iffpe/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core.php on line 547

I need to have PHP warnings turned on in order to finish the development of my own plugin, so I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to use BuddyPress without getting these warnings. As it is, my site is unusable.

Thanks,

Anca.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• James Smith
    Participant

@thisisjamessmith

I’ve got this too – any resolution?

chewbaker
    Participant

@chewbaker

I get this too. I really would like to know how to resolve this???

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@chewbaker – assuming you’re using WP 3.0.1 and BP 1.2.5.2, deactivate all plugins except BuddyPress and then activate bp-default theme. If the errors do not disabpper then you have to give more info than what you posted.

Having researched this recently, people affected are probably using PHP 5.3. Let me know what filters plugins are triggering the errors for and we’ll try to fix for BP 1.2.6.

chewbaker
    Participant

@chewbaker

@DJPaul and @mercime Here is my set up:
    I installed wp 3.0.1 in a subdirectory (mysite.com/social/) – Works, no issues
    I then installed latest buddypress (v 1.2.5.2) -activated it – White screen of death– I put debug mode on and I get the errors anca posted above.
    I then researched some more and activated network mode for multiple blogs (even though i don’t need multiple blogs) –activated buddy press site wide and it works— partly. Now profile pages are not showing up. I am at a loss here. I don’t understand why buddypress breaks when you install on sub directories and sub domains. It only works for me when I install it on a clean domain. I didn’t have this problem w 2.92 and older buddypress, however, i need to move my sites to 3.0 and this is giving me a lot of grief. If anyone could help out, that would be great.

James Smith
    Participant

@thisisjamessmith

@DJPaul I’m on php 5.1.6 and get this problem. Other unusual bits about my setup are that it’s a sub-directoy install and I’m using a proxy for all outgoing script connections.

No one has told me if they are running additional plugins, or using a theme other than bp-default. We need to know if this occurs on a clean install and if it doesn’t, we can reactivate the plugins to find which one causes the warning so we can fix it.

Warnings are going to fly fast and furious if you are using 5.1.6; yampnag tolualonary or double colons to you and I are going to be an issue ‘::’, it’s the reason I mentioned them briefly in the mods group Paul, but there isn’t really an answer short of upgrade PHP I fear.

James Smith
    Participant

@thisisjamessmith

sadly we have to stick like glue to the stable packaged releases of RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux), so a php upgrade out-of-cycle is highly unlikely. Bring on RHEL6…

@DJPaul – have verified with plugins disabled and default theme installed… same story.

chewbaker
    Participant

@chewbaker

I figured out my problem. You CAN NOT install WP 3.0 multi site in a sub directory. I put on the root and everything works now.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Installed and activated BuddyPress = Wall of Warnings!’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar