Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Keep getting hard errors while trying to install Detox BP Theme

• Hi guys,
    I’ve been using WP for a few years now and I have never had so much trouble or gotten so many site bricking errors as when I try to install a new child theme (Detox) for BP. Here is the error message I get when it hard crashes the site:

“Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_dtheme_ajax_querystring() (previously declared in /home/beaphoto/public_html/wp-content/themes/Detox/_inc/ajax.php:17) in /home/beaphoto/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php on line 81”

Beaphoto is my site name and I had previously installed the default BP theme and when I go to install the Detox child theme and activate it, the site hard crashes with the above error. I’ve done a complete reinstall 2 times and this KEEPS happening. Its driving me crazy! What am I doing wrong? How can I just get back to the default BP theme and use it for now? Should I delete the Detox theme? Do I need to go into the php files and change something? I would surely appreciate any help or knowledge you guys might have.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== Should I delete the Detox theme? ==
    Yes you should. I suggest that before activating a WP/BP or WP/BP child theme you already installed, you should install and activate the Theme Check plugin. Go to Appearance > Theme Check and choose the theme you want to use and run Theme Check. If there are negative results in Theme Check and see things you can work on, then do it. Otherwise, I suggest contacting theme developer and/or find a new theme.

Thanks for that suggestion, I wish I could do that now. But my site is hard crashed with the above error and now I can’t even get into my cPanel to delete anything. To see this go here: http://beaphotopro.com

If I CAN eventually get back into FTP or through cPanel what exactly should I delete to get the site back to normal? or do I need to wipe the site and re-install WP and Buddypress?

What does it mean that it can’t “re-declare” the ajax.php file that was previously declared?

I guess what I’m asking is: is there a way to delete or re-code something to get the site back to normal (with the default BP theme)?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

If you cannot access wp-admin panel, then via FTP/cpanel, go to wp-content/themes/detox and rename theme folder wp-content/themes/detox-x then try to access your wp-admin panel online again.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

If you cannot access wp-admin panel, then via FTP/cpanel, go to wp-content/themes/detox and rename theme folder wp-content/themes/detox-x then try to access your wp-admin panel online again.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Keep getting hard errors while trying to install Detox BP Theme’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar