Categories
Search
Bottom

Laggy after update 1.5

• w101
    Participant

@webby101

Just upgraded to BP 1.5.

Everything installed no problem but I do notice that between clicking on my site links (member, home, blogs, etc…) that there is slight delay before the site moves on to the new link.

ACTUAL PAGE WITH LINK —->> WHITE PAGE (1-2 seconds)

>> LINKED PAGE

This never happened before and just seems odd to me. Usually the change from one page to the other is very very fast. You don’t get that white page first. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• w101
    Participant

@webby101

Adding here. I’m using CHROME and the problem is much more noticeable with it than with other browsers. I’ve asked my members to point out after-upgrade-problems and the same thing was noted by another random user; also using Chrome.

I doubt it’s anything to do with the upgrade, unless your host is e.g. low on memory or something. It might just be lag between your computer and your server, which you have no control over.

You could start by looking at your web server’s error logs, and if there are any errors in your web browser’s javascript error console. If it’s dumping a million errors, then perhaps there is something we can do to fix it.

w101
    Participant

@webby101

Thanks Paul… Server error log seems okay. Javascript console had the following errors:

https://i.imgur.com/GatPV.png

Any ideas? It looks like a few may be related to BP. Thanks for the help. I have an older install as well on another site which I’ve held off on upgrading and there everything seems fine.

w101
    Participant

@webby101

Paul, so right off I see errors with the call to a non-existent header image (I replaced it with a invisible gif and it is now solved) and adminbar.css.

With adminbar.css:

I’m using a child theme and I have its style sheet setup to import this way:

/* Inherit the default theme styles */
    @import url( ../../plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/css/default.css );

/* Inherit the default theme adminbar styles */
    @import url( ../../plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/css/adminbar.css );

That’s where the error is coming from. Reading over some of the changes to BP 1.5 i noted something called enqueued css. I’m not familiar with it really. If I just delete those two lines will that style sheet still inherit the parents style sheet? Deleting those lines does resolve that final error.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Laggy after update 1.5’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar