Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Sitewide forums -> group forums in future?

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Sad to see we still don’t have group forums using the new bbPress plugin.

Question:
    If I install sitewide forums for now, will I be able to switch the sitewide individual forums over to individual group forums in the future?

Explanation:
    1. activate sidewide forums
    2. create dozens of individual forums, some as sub-forums

Later:
    3. choose an individual forum I created above and assign that to a group
    4. if the individual forum I assign to the group has child forums, then those children should also move to the group forums when we move them.

Am I going to be able to do this in the next vs?

*Like everyone else I’ve been waiting years now for the promised group forums, only to see them pushed off vs. after vs.
    I am finally at the point where I HAVE TO move my old vb forums over to WordPress. I want to make sure that I make the right decision on the initial move so I don’t get totally screwed over later, as I absolutely have to have a group forum setup someday.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • This is a bbPress question.

There is a bug (or, perhaps more accurately, a missing feature) in the bbPress migration tool; it doesn’t properly keep track of what group the posts came from. If you did it today, it looks as though it works, but it doesn’t let you post new topics or reply. I’m not familiar with the roadmap for bbPress.

I don’t know enough to answer all your questions, but I believe a goal is for Groups to eventually support multiple forums, but that time isn’t now.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Sitewide forums -> group forums in future?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar